What you need:
- Kalita Wave
- 30g of Coffee
- Carafe (optional)
- Kitchen scale
- Kettle (preferably gooseneck)
LET’S GET STARTED!
1. Boil 550g of water so it is between 200 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit. You will use 500g to brew the coffee but the rest will be used to rinse your filter.
2. Grind your coffee (30g) to a coarse-sand setting
3. Rinse the filter to remove any papery taste
4. Add ground coffee and give it a little shake to flatten out the coffee bed
5. Pour just enough water (60g to 80g) to let your coffee bloom. The fresher the coffee, the longer it will bloom!
6. Pour half of the water used for brewing (250g) in small, concentric circles. Begin in the middle and slowly work your way outwards in circles, always with a consistent, gentle pour. This first 250g should be poured in the first minute of brewing.
7. A minute into the brewing process, slow your pouring rate to 50g of water every 20 seconds. Aim for 500g at about 2.5 – 3 minutes for pouring.
8. Let the water drain and allow the coffee to take a minute more to finish brewing.
9. And finally…. Enjoy your coffee!